Action Plan - First Quarter 2014
Thanks for your ongoing support of our building an Elevator on the Moon! 2013 was a terrific (and, at times, terrible) year! We made a lot of progress – but it wasn’t always the kind of progress you can see. It was often intangible, where we’d build a research or collaborative relationship with someone. Or we went to various places, and met with tons and tons of people; our goals is to educate, inspire and inform. Occasionally, we worked on robots, communication systems and developed the Tethered Tower system so it could deploy our high-altitude robotic experiment. 2014 is going to be even better!
1) We’ll launch our experiment, and fulfill our rewards to the Kickstarter Community
2) Formalize our long-term plans for the Lunar Space Elevator Infrastructure
a. Showcase our proposed budget
b. Showcase our proposed timeline
c. Showcase the hundreds of Subject Matter Experts that have joined our team
3) Submit (up to) six experiments we’d like to launch to the International Space Station
4) Request a formal research partnership with NASA, ESA and other national space programs
5) Rebuild our LiftPort website with a single goal – to provide our global community with the tools they need to connect with us, and with each other.
6) Convene both a “defense” and “writers” council. The first is an acknowledgment that the project won’t go forward without the military (any military, not just US) being aware of the program. And the second is in recognition that science fiction writers help to convey future concepts.
7) Build the alliances (individual, corporate, academic and governmental) needed to build our Elevator on the Moon.
8) Engage as many of you as possible - through meet-ups, conference calls and surveys.
I know some of you are mad. Believe me, I get it. All I can say is the 2013 was the year that set the foundation, and that 2014 is the year to put that foundation into action. You’ll see progress in each of these areas through the first quarter of this year.
As always, we wanted to let you know there were a lot of ways to keep in touch with our project: I’ve been posting images and updates of ongoing progress on: • Twitter (@mlaine & @LiftPort), • Facebook (Space Elevator, Lunar Elevator, LiftPort), • Inhttp://instagram.com/getlf8dstagram, • YouTube, • Angelist (Me & LiftPort), and • Google+ (Michael Laine & LiftPort). I’m requiring all LiftPort staff and advisors to develop social media profiles and to post regularly. As that starts to take shape, I’ll keep you posted.
I’ve another Update to post tomorrow. Stay tuned!
Mjl Michael Laine, President, LiftPort Group
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.